Monday, March 3, 2008

Surgery Update Two

March 3rd, 1:30PM

Above is a picture from last night when Mom's friends gave her the signature quilt that Laurie Baker made for her. She absolutely loved it. It was so nice for her to have one more reminder right before her surgery of how many people are pulling for her.

I have had two updates since I last updated. The first update was at about 11:30AM when they let me know that the right side was finished. The right side was the easier side, as there was no cancer there. They have moved on to the left side, and will remove the lymph nodes on the left side as well. This will take a little longer.

The second update came during lunch when I was away. The nurse called down to let me know that everything was going great. She did not give me a time frame for finishing up, but I would guess that they will be done in the next 1 1/2 to 2 hours. I will keep everyone posted.

2 comments:

Bri said...

Oh, my goodness... The quilt turned out beautifully! What a wonderful idea to give it to you the night before surgery - so many people are supporting you now. Barb, we're praying for you - hope your recovery is a quick one.

Take Care,
Greg, Bri, & Gabe (Gabe sends his love to the puppies too!!)

Anonymous said...

barb you are in my prayers for a full recovery and at church yesterday i included you in our bible class prayer. GOD's blessings to you!!! sounds like all went well!!!